Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Jeff Buckley

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by cam229, May 16, 2007.

1. For those that are interested, there is a new live album by Jeff Buckley being released this weekend (i think)

I kow some of you will comment "Live, Jeff Buckley", but I heard some of it on RRRFM last night on the way home from work and it sounds excellent.

2. Isn't he RIP?
  3. Yes he has passed :(

The sadest part was unlike a lot of musicians it wasn't by his own will. He was making brilliant music around the time of his death. Grace is in my top 5 album list of all time.

4. :( why do the good ones have to die...
  5. Let's not re-write history just because someone dies.

The guy had a voice like a cat being skinned alive and walked into the river himself.
  6. I vote you off the island!
  7. Yeah sorry, it's one of my pet hates. Elvis Presley was a drug addicted has-been, who's music was 20 years out of date and died of a drug overdose on his toilet.

History has re-written him as the King of Rock-n-Roll. If he was still alive, he would have just faded from our conscience or we would think of him more like Tony Bennet.
  8. this coming Sat 19th on JJJ they're doing a Jeff Buckley special

I had the privilege of seeing him live @ the Regent - was simply awesome!
  9. Nice BB. Nice.

He is one os Sus' faves and we named the dog after him!
  10. The dog sounds like a cat being skinned alive?
  11. Damn my youth :( I missed Nirvana at the Palace in '94 too.
  12. Hey - I should have guessed that! Will have to put him on the cd player sat nite in Buckley (aka cool black dog) honour :wink:

Did you get to see the Cramps there? That was one hoot of a show :LOL:
    just checked your age ..... probably not :p
  13. Zombie Jeff Buckley releasing album.

OK, understood.

feat. Tubac???
  14. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: [-X