Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Jeez

Discussion in 'Your Near Misses - A Place to Vent' at netrider.net.au started by carpetbelly, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Wow, I thought I'd been ok lately. Had avoided my fair share by being prob far too cautious in the Sydney traffic but for the first time in a while for me I had to e-brake again.

Going down oxford street, right lane barely moving. The lane I'm in moving. So buffering in case a twat decides to go from the slow moving lane to the faster one. You know how they do. And yep, while Im level with someones front wheel out they come. No indicator, no headcheck. No looking over even when I'm on the horn and braking hard. No where to go in front, blocked off by a car coming to a stop at the lights and a bus in the bus lane.

I'm grateful the 4x4 behind me also stopped quickly and gave me a thumbsup, which I gave back. Managed to pull alongside the bad driver and gave her an earful which she just shrugged at. Ahhh, the joys of shitty drivers.

I can still be uber grateful to this place to drill into me to keep on practising my e-brakes. It does come in handy doesn't it!

2. Must be the day for it. I had three seperate incidences of people pulling in front of me without using their indicators. It had been at least a month since it last happened.

3. Yep I was thinking the same thing. Nothing big, just annoying.

No brake lights on one car.

another that lit up every rear light like a flashing Christmas tree when he put the indicators on (way to go Renault).

Another women slowly merging into my lane, when I finally go a look in the car, she was steering with her knees and texting with two thumbs. Still I think she was Japanese and wearing a school uniform.

Another green p-plater decided he needed to prove he could punt his mid-90s dunnidore wagon through the traffic as quick as my bike. Took me a couple of kilometers to shake him.