Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Jeez, yet another Brisbane rider.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by OreallyAu, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Hi, how's everyone doing?

Thought I'd make a quick intro post. Anyways, I'm Thomas I've just recently caught the motorcycle bug, did my Qride course late may and then purchased a 2004 GS 500 after doing a lot of research on suitable lams bikes for myself. So far have been really enjoying the bike, have already managed to put 5000km on the clock. I've done quite a few long rides and have been commuting to work on the bike (when weather permits, not quite ready to ride in the rain in the middle of the night..).

Looking forward to picking up some more tips on how to become a safer rider and hopefully join in on some group rides sometime.

2. Welcome from a fellow new Brisbane rider, nice choice on the GS500
  3. Welcome! Hurrah to the glorious weather finally!
  4. Welcome to NR mate.

Did you get the faired or naked version of the gs500?
  5. 5000 km! Nice work.

Welcome and hope to see you at a ride soon.
  6. Tip 1 - Practice riding in the rain before you find yourself forced to ride in it (heavy rain is actually better as it washes all the diesel away). And be thankful you don't have to cope with riding in snow or ice.

Welcome to NR.
  7. Cheers for the welcomes.

I went for the naked, much prefer the look of it (not a huge fan of the fairings for the GS500)

Cheers for the tip, I plan on heading out on the next rainy day (hopefully will be quite a while a way as I want to enjoy this sunny weather) & get some much needed practice.
  8. Howdyhowdyhowdy!
  9. Welcome to NetRider!
  10. Welcome. Let's play TF2.
  11. Sentreh', goin up...
  12. Cheers, sounds good sometime.

Sentry down!