Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Jaycar/Steelmate alarm - help adjusting sensitivity

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Gromit, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Since getting a Jaycar alarm in the last Netrider bulk buy, I've managed to lose the installation instructions. :roll:

Can anyone tell me how to increase/decrease the alarm's sensitivity? I know there's supposed to be a knob on the unit that lets you do this, but all I can see on my unit is a small rubber-covered button.
    It looks like something you have to press rather than turn. It's located on one of the long sides of the unit. Is this the sensitivity control?

My alarm is very hard to get to (and see), and this button's located in a very confined area close to part of the bike's frame. So I can't see what I'm meant to do to bump the alarm's sensitivity up a few notches.

All assistance would be appreciated! :)
  2. Clive,

The rubber bungs pop out and there will be a sensitivity adjusment screw underneath...if you get stuck give me a yell and I'll sort it for you :grin:
  3. Thanks Keith. :)

I'll probably need triple-jointed fingers, but I'll give it a go! :LOL: