Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Jardine slip ons Yamaha xvs650

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by philmydang, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Trying to install a set of Jardine exhaust for my brothers yamaha 650 custom. I find the term 'slip on' to be abit of a cruel joke as i've been straining for hours and going blue in the face trying to 'slip' these babies on. Anyone had the same troubles with these? Still wondering if i should start filing/cutting to make them fit.

2. If you get desperate you could cut a couple of slots in the pipe(on the bike) and that'll let it close up a little, they'll be hidden by the new exhaust. Better than cutting the Jardine.
  3. Odd i swapped out my V&H Short Shots for the Jardines and I don't remember having any issues at all, took less then an hour.

4. Well i eventually got them on by making some slices on the existing pipe, although the fit isn't as flush as yours - why did you swap the V&H's for Jardines anyway?