Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Jaqhama & Toecutter get down and dirty 10/10/06

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by Toecutter, Oct 14, 2006.

1. Met Jaq at Hartley Farmhouse for Breaky but it's closed on Tuesday and Wednesday

Jaq's bike ready for its maiden dirt trip

Off to Jenolan Caves via Cox's River Rd, good dirt roads with plenty of hills and corners. And then onto the tar road into Jenolan caves is also a great ride (before the steep descent).

Snack at the Caves and it's off to the Kanagra Boyd/Blue Mountains National Park.

The fun started on the descent into Kowmung, Jaq told me about a few erosion humps, well after about ten and feeling pretty good, I stopped and took a picture

I didn't realise there were about another twenty with the last four being nearly vertical drops

So at the second last one.....

To be continued....
  2. Bugger, hows the bike??
  3. Managed to get bike up, Jaq stuck a rock under backwheel and managed to get down to the edge of the creek

Next the creek crossing, was about two foot deep and the exit on the other side had been eroded by 4WD's so a steep exit, but we make it

Jaq crossing over...

I'm trying to find the non-existent easy way out :shock:

Then off to Dingo Dell and onto the top of the mountain along a very wide gravel road. Then we turned off onto the Werong Fire Trail. Most disappointing that we went down here and rode around at least a dozen trees fallen across the track to find out that it had been closed, so had to back track and head to Oberon. A nice tar run and refuel and a round trip of 290kms from the meeting point.

Around 140kms of dirt and I'm definitely going back to do that descent again :p :p :p
  4. Bikes fine, has got plenty of protection for low speed drops :cool:

I have an extra tooth sprocket on the front so had less engine braking, and applying the brakes as gently as I can, still managed to get a bit of a skid happening, just as the bike stalled and so I just bailed.
  5. Ooh, I am so jealous...that looks like so much fun :dance: