Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Japanese imported Ducati's

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by newroad, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Hi all,
    I have been looking for a second hand Ducati 900 monster for some time, and have come across alot of japanese imported Ducati monsters.
    Initially, after to talking to some riders, I was warned not to purchase a Japanese imported bike due to the bikes having different parts to the standard australian ones and the added cost of importing parts that suit, but the dealer assures me that the Ducati's are the same world wide as far as parts go, and there should be no issues.
    Can anyone shed some light of the subject, I am keen to get some independent advice as I am seriously considering a purchase. Also is there any other issues with these bikes compared to the australian purchased ones?
    Thanks

2. May I suggest posting your Question on a more Ducati Monster based Forum.
    Nothing against this Forum of course, but you'll probably need to speak to some Ducati owners and spanner spinners.

Log on to www.ducatimonsterforum.org

Hope this helps.

3. ok mkey,
    Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, will do

4. G'day, I was told that they are identical spec, however, I decided to buy my duke locally, and found the that price was comparable. Japanese bikes generally have lower Km's, however, come with no service records which is what really sealed the deal for me. I just couldn't be sure what I was buying.

Good luck - you've made the right brand choice :grin:

5. just want to say a big thanks to all that posted on this thread and gave me some great advice.
    I have just put a deposit down on a 2000 matt black 900 monster thru a private sale.
    The bike comes with heaps of extra's and full service history, and has only had 2 owners. One of which is now having a kid so reluctantly had to sell his pride of joy. I fell very confident that I have made a good buy and the bike has everything I wanted.Plus it was the same price i was looking at spending anyway.
    I was also more than happy to hand over hard earned cash to a bike enthuiast who can't do enough to help me get on my duke and look after it correctly.
    I am stoked, i pick it up today.
    So thankyou all for your help, your advice was well headed, and has it has had the best result
    Wish you all safe riding,
    see you on the road ;D ;D ;D

6. Congratulations, you'll love it :grin: :grin:

7. Congrats!

However, Ktulu will not be pleased! No pics.