Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Jan 29, 2015] RIDE IS FULL - Snowy Region Weekend - Jindabyne (NSW)

Discussion in 'NSW' started by TWEET, Dec 19, 2014.

RIDE IS FULL - Snowy Region Weekend - Jindabyne
Start Date: Jan 29, 2015 08:00
End Date: Feb 1, 2015 13:00
Time Zone: Australia/Sydney +11:00 AEDT

Posted By: TWEET

Confirmed Attendees: 0
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
  1. Travelling from Sydney to Jindabyne and spending 2 days riding the glorious roads of the NSW and VIC snowy region. This is a must see area for any enthusiastic motorcyclist. Australias best roads, and wonderful scenery.

If you have wanted to see this area, but don't have anyone who has been there to guide you, this is your chance.

Sydney to Jindabyne via Braidwood, Cooma.

Jindabyne >Kosciousko National Park over Selwyn>Elliott Way to Tooma>Khancoban>Alpine Way to Murray 1 Power Station to see how the hydro works>Thredbo and back to Jindabyne.

The big one, we will ride one of the best motorcycling roads in Australia, the Bonang!
    Jindabyne out on the Snowy River Way towards Dalgety>Monaro Hwy to Bombala>Delegate rd to Delegate and then onto the legendary Bonang as we cross into Victoria for the magnificent run into Orbost.
    Return via the Princes Hwy to Cann River>Monaro Hwy to Cooma, then back to Jindabyne.

Jindabyne to Sydney at out leisure, but I prefer to leave relatively early to get home without wasting the whole day doing so.

If you are a noob, I will look after you, there is no need to fear being left behind or pressured to speed, ride dangerously.

I will arrange excellent accommodation in Jindabyne, very central to the service station and both pubs for meals etc. Lock-up garage for the bikes, laundry and kitchen facilities etc

Bedding consists of;
    2x Queen
    2x King Single
    2x Trundle (single bed size)
    I am taking 1x Queen, and the remaining bed options are on a first come basis.

Cost is $450 TOTAL (not per person) divided equally between those that attend. There is no provision to only attend and pay for 1-2 nights as that just makes it difficult, so everyone will be paying for 3 nights and it's your choice if you don't stay for all 3.
    There is provision to sleep 8 if there are 2 couples sharing beds, and 6 people if there is no sharing. I will base initial cost on 4 people = $112.50 per person nett (meaning if you pay via Paypal, you need to send it as a non-commercial payment or eat the fees yourself). If we get 5-8 people going, I will refund the difference to you.

The ride routes can be changed to suit conditions and weather, so it is flexible, but priority will be given to the Day 3 route.

If you want to secure a bed, you will need to pay your cash to me via Paypal or direct credit upfront. No payment = no spot, unless I know you personally.
    If you book a spot then can't make it, you are free to sell/give your spot to someone else, but I will not manage that transaction, it will be entirely up to you to facilitate that.

Why do I do it this way? Because it stops time wasters from putting their hands up and taking all the spots, only to pull out or not show at the last minute causing others who would have gone to then miss out.
    I have done it this way a number of times with great success, and if you don't think I can be trusted with your $$, check my posts and past ride threads, but don't message me trying to tell me how you feel uncomfortable paying upfront and try to arrange some payment plan, it isn't going to happen.

You will need a reliable bike and a willingness to ride it.

Check past rides I have listed, feel free to contact those who have attended if you need to be assured.
  2. I'm in TWEETTWEET

(Have you stuck a pin in the other ride? Wasnt that meant to be this same weekend?)
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. 4 places (Max) remaining!

Excellent mate :) brownybrowny as usual can't organise his calendar, so he can't go on the ride we were planning, hence insert Pin and I decided to make this ride happen instead.

icemakericemaker inztigatorinztigator FYI
  4. #4 inztigator, Dec 19, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
    I am in for sure !!!!! And I will claim one of the king singles ;)

Paypal payment sent sir.
  5. 3 places remaining!!!

Excellent sir, I look forward to showing you the great roads in the region, and seeing what you think of the Bonang!
    • Like Like x 1
  6. I will do my best to make this, maybe worst case will come down Friday night and get a Bonang run in. Ive been told it'll be worth it;).
    Happy too pay the full amount.
  7. Let me know if you want definitely take a spot Ilch, you can pay at your leisure, but I will need to update the number of available places. ;)
  8. So that gives Jindy roughly a month to get a Hogs Breath then...
  9. LJH is about as close as it will get I reckon..
  10. Need to start finding places that have awesome Sundae's :D
  11. Lock me in TWEETTWEET. Ill try and make the whole thing but worst case ill gun it down Friday night and do Sat/Sun. Same paypal details as last time mate?
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Nice boys! We ride again :D Looking forward to another amazing weekend.
  13. 2 places remaining!

icemakericemaker same details mate thank you ;)

It will be a fun weekend, no flat tyres this time....
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Wayne, I will join you guys on this trip (payment sent)....
    • Like Like x 1
  15. #15 hardyakka, Dec 21, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
    Lock me in for this ride, payment has been sent via Paypal.

NB/ I will have a bed this time since I had the trundle last time:)
  16. Ride Now Full - Nil places remaining

Got your payment (I think). PM me with who you are as I know we discussed the Oxley ride back in July, but there was no further correspondence. I might be low on iron and my memory is fading....sometimes I need a kickstart!.

Got it thanks Steve :)

Now that all places are full, there will be a small refund as the initial pricing was based on 4 people. I prefer to just give you guys cash when we get there if that's ok?? Why? I hate Paypal, and don't want to support it!
  17. I have another route in mind for Friday 30th. I will start a PM conversation and include everyone and we can discuss there..

If the weather holds out for us, this will be an excellent weekend, and I'm looking forward to sharing it with such a great bunch of guys again.
  18. pullmanpullman

Never mind about telling me who you are. Im an idiot. It will be great to have you along again mate ;)
  19. Very much looking forward to this and I apologise in advance for my limited fuel range, although I just might be riding a different bike this time:sneaky:.

That's fine with me, whatever is easier. Maybe keep it in a kitty for a round of pizzas or something like that.
    All Im concerned about is the weather gods smiling down on us and me being able to sneak away from work.
  20. See if you can at the very least sneak away Thurs afternoon and take Friday off ;)