Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Jan 26, 2013] Celebration of Women's Motorcycling 2013 (Walwa)

Discussion in 'VIC' started by AustralianRidersDivision, Jan 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Celebration of Women's Motorcycling 2013
Start Date: Jan 26, 2013 17:00
End Date: Jan 28, 2013 17:00
Time Zone: Australia/Sydney +11:00 AEDT

Upper Murray Resort
8680 Murray River Road
Walwa 3709

Posted By: AustralianRidersDivision

Confirmed Attendees: 0
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
  1. The second annual Celebration of Women's Motorcycling is drawing near and final preparations are being made for the Australia Day weekend event (26-28 January).

Australia Day weekend will again see ladies get together and celebrate a shared passion for all things two-wheels at the beautiful Upper Murray Resort (http://www.uppermurrayresort.com.au/) nestled on the banks of the Murray River between Jingellic NSW and Walwa Victoria. With some of the best motorcycle roads in Victoria leading to and from the resort, we're sure that this venue will complement the event perfectly.

Cabin and motel-style accommodation will be available at the Upper Murray Resort. Otherwise, there are options close by in Jingellic (Bridge Hotel, camping, Jasmine Cottage B&B, Jingellic Honeysuckle Cottage), and Walwa (Riverside Caravan Park, Walwa Hotel).

Registration forms and all the latest information is available on our facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Celebration-of-Womens-Motorcycling-2013/441877892516133

Event program:
    Welcome drinks, registrations and information: Upper Murray Resort courtyard (next to reception)
    6.00pm onwards
    Informal dinner at the Bridge Hotel, Jingellic
    7.30am onwards
    Registrations and Information open: Upper Murray Resort reception area
    Breakfast Upper Murray Resort reception/BBQ area (gold coin donation)
    Guided Long Ride approx 2-3 hours, leaving from Upper Murray Resort reception carpark (please have a full tank)
    Guided Short Ride approx 1 hour, leaving from Upper Murray Resort reception carpark (please have a full-ish tank)
    Meet in Corryong for lunch
    CWM Celebration Dinner: Upper Murray Resort Wildwood Dining Room
    Prizes and speeches
    Home day

For all inquiries please contact Bron at the Australian Riders' Division (Motorcycling Australia) at membership(a)ma.org.au or phone: 03 9684 0509

Hopefully we'll see a few netriders there! :riding:
  2. Great event... I'm hoping to get there myself.
  3. Looks like if I'm going it'll be first stop at the pub! Lol...
  4. I don't want to seem douchey so please don't take it that way,

But, why is anything celebrating this? aren't we all people? why must we be divided into genders, and why must one gender celebrate when the other doesn't (or they do it separately) - I mean, if I celebrated white/caucasian riding, most would see that as racist, why are genders different?

I'm actually curious!
  5. If you give it some more thought, you should get to thinking that the part of forum specifically for announcing/organising events and rides is not so much a place for cluttering or derailing threads with generally irrelevant musings (in the given context of what these particular threads are meant to achieve).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.