Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Featured [Jan 24, 2015] Bright Australia Day W/E

Discussion in 'VIC' started by Ned, Jan 1, 2015.

Bright Australia Day W/E
Start Date: Jan 24, 2015 08:00
End Date: Jan 26, 2015 16:00
Time Zone: Australia/Sydney +11:00 AEDT

Posted By: Ned

Confirmed Attendees: 0
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
  1. #1 Ned, Jan 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
    Australia Day weekend at Bright...

You're invited to come along on this 3 day trip where you'll experience some of Victoria's best biking roads. A mix of tight twisties, open straights and flowing sweepers, along with the awesome views the surrounding countryside has to offer is what you'll be enjoying on your time away with other friendly Netriders :D

Obtaining accommodation in Bright at short notice for a long weekend is nearly impossible but I have been lucky enough to source a few units in the heart of town for a small group of Netriders :playful:

RIDE LEVEL: Touring 1 intermediate. Please see: https://netrider.net.au/threads/ride-level-ratings.159944/

WHEN: Sat 24, sun 25 and mon 26 January 2015

WHERE: Sunny Bright. Mt Hotham, Mitta Mitta and Omeo just to name a few. Proposed route (subject to change): http://goo.gl/maps/0JQyh

McDonald's, 398 Plenty Rd Mill Park (Shell servo next door) http://goo.gl/maps/8SZO0
    First fuel stop at Eildon, 135 km

TIME: 8-15am for 8-30am SHARP leave, please don't be late.

ACCOMM: 2 nights in the heart of Bright in self-contained units, all bedding/linen/towels supplied. Some double beds available (preference given to couples) Undercover parking for our bikes too :D

COST: $80 per person, includes both nights.

Currently, this trip has room for 10 riders, 10 places are already taken. Payment secures your spot for this trip and is by direct deposit into my bank account. Please PM me for details.

While not specifically a Learner type ride, this ride would suit a rider who has been able to gain considerable experience under their belt and is willing to take the next step to enjoy riding in a group for approximately 400 km per day on some of our best bike roads.

Each rider is encouraged to ride at a pace which suits them and not feel pressured in any way, we are all there to enjoy a safe trip.

Corner marking and TEC will be used on this ride, which will be explained during the rider briefing at the meet point.

All welcome and offers for TEC appreciated. :)

1. Ned
    2. GR8N1K PAID
    3. Dionikon PAID
    4. Gooza PAID
    5. Spenze PAID
    6. JMC PAID
    7. Kitt PAID
    9. AllenCB400 PAID
    10. LexVillan PAID

Amendments may be made to this opening post, so please check back here from time to time for any updates.

Looking forward to riding with you,

Ned (y)
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Interested. What are you planning for the Sunday?
  3. #3 Ned, Jan 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
    Hi and thanks for asking GreydogGreydog , how does a run through Omeo/Mitta/Tallangatta sound??
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Hey NedNed I was wondering when/if you would start posting up your rides.
    Good to see you started with the Bright trip.

If numbers allow, I'd like to put my name forward to attend.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Glad to have you along spenzespenze. Yeah, the Bright one, with a few tweaks, is a good way to start off. If you still have my account details, you know the drill, otherwise just let me know when you're ready. See you in a few weeks, if not before :D
  6. Man, I would so love to do this. But a leave pass for 3 days is never gunna happen me thinks. If I could wangle it, could I pay the $80, and only stay the one night? Means I'm using a spot though that someone could make better use of.
  7. You're quite welcome to bring your other half? Double bed available. As for paying the 80 bucks and only staying one night, that'd be ok, but only if all the spots didn't get filled, and as you say, there could be someone else who'd be willing to do the 3 days and end up missing out. See how you go and good luck.
  8. I'm keen, and the other half is OS at the time so no leave pass required! Guess that means I'll have to come along, what a shame. ;)

Consider me a definite Ned. :D
  9. I'm still negotiating :arghh:
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Put down Lizzy and I as definites.

How do we pay? Same old account, assuming I still have the details?
  11. Strike that. Spoke too soon.

We have a conflicting family commitment. We are out.

12. Not to worry GreyBMGreyBM, hope to see yourself and the lovely LizzyMLizzyM on the next trip :)
    • Like Like x 1
  13. #14 Gooza, Jan 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
    Ok, I'm in for both nights after some negotiation with wife and work (was/am on call on the Monday) :smug:

Gunna be interesting getting all my shit on the bike, but I'll manage it somehow.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. NedNed Can you please PM me. For whatever reason, dumb computer (or site) seems to have misplaced the send button on a new PM???
  15. Welcome in Gooza, I'll add you to the list. PM sent re: payment details (y)
  16. Oh, and I'm happy to play TEC if required. I only have the Sena SMH5 though (Well, I hope to have when I return from vacation)
  17. I also have a Nikon D5100 with a 55-200mm zoom I hope to bring along, assuming I can squeeze it all in. I would love to get some riding photos of us given we are generally under no time pressure.
  18. Speaking of Australia Day, when will we see the famous Sam Kekovitch "Australia Day Lamb" promotion :LOL????
  19. Thanks for the offer of TEC GoozaGooza and your camera skills could come in handy too.

Payment received DionikonDionikon, thankyou.