Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Jameison - Eildon Road

Discussion in 'Hazardous Road Condition Reports' started by sirprice, Jan 8, 2012.

1. The last post on this road was nearly a year ago , has anyone got an update on the road condition . When we came back from the 2011 SnowyRide I spoke to a servo attendant in Alex that said the High Country car rally had really f**d the surface worse than the Road between Alex and WHitfield which was abominable ,the cars ripped much of the gravel from the tar and spread it everywhere .

2. I gather this is the event the servo attendant was referring to:

I did the Eildon to Jamieson Rd on Friday 16/12/11 which seems to have been after the rally. The old sealed section was good.

The new sealed section appeared to have some slightly broken surface on the tight 40 km/h corners. This is compounded by the fact that the road width is typically narrow on these corners, so if there's a corner-cutting vehicle coming the other direction, you haven't got a lot of room to play with. Furthermore, the odd corner or two in the new sealed section had some light loose gravel.

Having said that, for the most part I was giving the 250 the beans on the new sealed section, and I passed a trio of riders on sportsbikes going the opposite direction who appeared to be doing the same. Traffic overall was very sparse.
  3. I've seen this road commented on in numerous threads recently. But can't remember where they are.

I did eildon Jamieson rd
    On thursday 5-1-2012. The new section was actually quite good, better than ever.

There ARE still invisible puddles of gravel, but overall it's much better.

Mansfield Whitfield rd is still awesome.