Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Jamed boot

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by thecptn, Mar 3, 2007.

1. I need some help, the boot of my gt650 wont open up any more, key just turns but wont release, how do I get this open?

2. Same thing happen on my bike, the little locky thing has let go, what i did to fix this was get a spanner in under the cowl and undone the bolts holding it down. It took some time because i didn't want to brake anything.

3. u need to clean the solenoids mate..... thats whats releasing the lock...

same thing happend to my soozi....

4. The boot on mine is a wire operated one, I cant get around to removing the rear cowl or any thing.

5. Wire as in electrical? or? i don't know anything about the hyosungs.

6. Nope, just a mechanical wire, turn the key and it yanks on a cable, much like the hood release on many cars.

7. Same on all of them? try to look under your seat around the locking area of the seat/rear cowl if you see some bolts undo them. I'll see if i can find something that'll give me an idea of how to tell you what to do better.

8. when you turn the key is there any resistance? if there is when you turn the key it is pulling the wire back but there maybe some pressure on it, try pushing down hard on the lid and see if it pops

9. Go to koriders.com common problem with the Hyosungs.