Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Jackets on Ebay

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by bronson, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Gday guys,complete newbie here with a dumb question. I've been shopping for jackets,gloves,etc and see lots of stuff on ebay.Naturally cautious fellow that I am I like to do as much research as I can before buying anything,so I've been reading posts on this forum and trying a few on.
    The jackets on ebay seem to be,mostly, either leather or the flashier ones are from the one seller and are Scoyco brand.Since I've never seen any in the flesh,can anyone tell me how these jackets compere to all the other brands? I've looked at the Scoyco website and they seem to specialize in motorcross equipment rather than road.
    Hows the warmth/waterproof/quality factor compere?
    Thanks in anticipation,love this site,been learning lots.

2. We've been here before!
    Communicate with the seller and see what ther return policy is if you're not happy with the purchase.
    If the jacket has CE protection it should be a good start.
    At the end of the day you are paying a cheap price for a couple of reasons. High quality stuff has hi quality stitching and zippers and soft leather etc.
    If you are a regular size and you are happy with the comms from the seller its a good way to get into some protective gear.
    Something is better than nothing.
    Dont forget to ask the seller about sizing as some are small fits. Dont be scared to go up 2 or 3 if you have to,
  3. I can only say what I always say; I never buy clothes, of any sort, that I haven't or can't try on first....
  5. strange... I looked for jackets from 5 weeks ago until 2 weeks ago where I bought an IXON "Satanic" Jacket (RRP $650ish from team-moto in .au). Searching ofr "Scoyco" brought up NO jackets, only gloves ????? You've got me confused big time! Where are these "Scoyco" jackets?
  6. They don't say the brand name in the ad,just something like "new motorcycle jacket".Usually red or blue.I just looked ,theres two available closing soon.I only saw the brand name after enlarging the picture.