Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Jacket Sizing?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by 2stroksmokr, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Just a quick question, went into local store and tried on some leathers. Found my sizing 58 EU or so I hope. Tried on alpine 56 which was to small, 60 to big and there was no 58 in the alpine so tried on a RST 58EU and it fitted perfectly.

So would it be safe to to say if I ordered in a 58 in the alpine it would be the right sizing?

2. I find ordering clothing from an online store a bit risky. The sizes really differ from brand to brand, from model to model even more than helmets. I would say wait until you have tried it in a store before ordering it online. Also make sure you order from a webshop with good return conditions so you can send back the stuff if it doesn't fit. Unless you have too much cash ;-)
  3. I'm a 48 on alpinestars and recently bought a rst rift leather jacket size 48 online.
    Shoulders match up nicely, maybe a couple of mm larger than A*? not much difference and both fit excellent, think it depends on the jacket model too?
    Arms on the RST feel slightly tighter but I think they'll expand in time.

on the other hand for boots.. A* seem to have a different euro-US conversion compared to RST. could never get that right. :-s