Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Jacket shopping for Mrs Marmite

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Marmitemonkey, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Recently spent a couple of days in Melb, and told Mrs MM she ought to get a decent Jacket for trips out and about on her scooter and on the back of my bike, so I suggested I get her one for our anniversary.

Not enough dosh for a leather so much trying on of synthetics ensued. Found one that fitted her perfectly in PS on Eliz St, price ok, liked colour, BUT service so atrocious she said she didn't want to buy it. We happened to drop into Yammie City next door as final place to look, and although they had one she liked it wasn't quite right. :cry: The service and attitude of the staff was BRILLIANT :) even though we didn't buy anything and she tried on lots of jackets.

Went home, and thought about the one Mrs MM liked, and called Yam City. Racked brain for name and style, and voila, yes we can get it in, (I might have mentioned how poor a nearby shop was for service) thanks for calling and asking, I can guess who you mean and I'll trim a bit off the price for you too.

Now that's what I call service! :grin: So, many thanks to the girls at Yamaha City in Melb, Mrs MM will be getting a new swisho jacket, and said she'll be trying there first for anything else she needs when she's in the Big Smoke.

That's all I have to say.