Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Jacket for the apes?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by middo, Mar 1, 2016.

1. As my forebears generously gave me longer arms than clothing manufacturers expect as usual, so I find that shirts, jumpers and motorcycle jackets tend to be too short on the arms. Other knuckle draggers, chimps, orangutans and gorillas will know what I am talking about.

I used to use a 3XL motodry jacket, but have also lost weight and it is seriously loose on me. So I am looking for another jacket, preferably a textile one with lots of airflow. A direct replacement in XL has arms way too short.

Has anyone found a brand or specific jacket that has longer than "standard" arms?
  2. I have recently imported a Firstgear Mesh Tex jacket from the USA. It is the best " summer " jacket that I have ever worn. It is the next best thing, but a lot safer than riding in a t-shirt. It comes with a detachable liner, this might keep some rain out but won't be warm enough in winter except in Qld, where I can wear it all year round. I am sure that even if I lived in the southern states I would at least own more than one jacket to suit the seasons. The good thing with those jackets is that they are cut for American sizes, and they make a tall size which is a bit longer and has longer arms. Unfortunately not available in Oz, but I just couldn't find anything here that I can wear in the middle of summer. They also come in a range of colours, the silver one stays reasonable cool when stopped in traffic.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Thanks. I will look into them. I didn't realise the US have different sizes (apart from super sized).
  4. Try Biker gear in Ferntree gully, They have a range of different sizes in the same size,

I Tried on six or seven jackets that were medium till I got one that actually fitted, They have short arms, Long arms, big chest, Small chest, Etc Etc,
    You might find some thing there,
    • Informative Informative x 1