Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Jacket for heat and rain

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by tmwt, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Hi, I am new to riding and after a protective jacket that can act as a rain jacket but is also good in very warm tropical conditions? Is there suck a thing? The wet season is approaching and very warm days can turn into huge downpours very quickly. Hoping to find a jacket that will handle the conditions.

2. IMHO there is no such thing as a jacket which is both waterproof and comfortable in tropical stickiness. My own approach would be to have a mesh jacket to allow plenty of ventilation in the heat, worn over a sacrificial t-shirt, and to carry any clothing I wanted to keep dry in a waterproof bag, Not ideal but doable and, I think, a reasonable compromise.

3. +1 to that. A cordura mesh motorcycling with appropriate armour and in a colour that's not black.
    From your other thread I see you're looking at commuting with luggage so you can pack a lightweight spray jacket / pants / oversuit that you can slip on over the top if it starts pouring.

4. I'd just go a mesh jacket and accept that your going to get wet.

I agree with above, jackets never do the two extremes well. I've bought a couple designed to do both, neither have managed to do both (well).

5.  Top
  6. That Goretex jacket looks alright. Will have a look around for something similar.

7.  Top
  8.  Top
  9. Buy the summer jacket of your choice. Then buy a waterproof over jacket. Problem solved.

10. might want to look at adventure riding jackets. they tend to be all weather