Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Jacket Fit for tall/thin rider

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by taint, Feb 3, 2006.

1. Hi guys, I have my R-E test in a couple of weeks and am looking at purchasing some gear before I do it.

The problem I seem to be having is that I am reasonably tall 6'3" and thin, only a 32" waist. I also only weigh 70kg, you probably get the idea.

Of all the jackets that I have seen/tried on the most comfortable size is XL (36 Chest).

Now to my dilema. All jackets of the above size seem to fit perfectly in the chest, shoulders and length wise they are very good but the XL size has a 36-38 waist on them which means that they are loose around the waist.

Is is safe for me to be wearing gear that fits like that, would it be prone to sliding up in an off?

Thanks in advance for your replies
  2. As I see it there are 2 ways to address your concern.
    1. Find somebody in Perth that can tailor make you a jacket. (sometimes it can be cheaper than off the rack).
    2. If the jacket you want to buy can be zipped together with pants, then buy pants as well.
    Option 3 - Drink plenty of beer, eat more junk food and put on 20 kilos.:wink:
  3. I'm tall and slim and my jacket is too big for me....So next time I'll be getting a custom underdog 1piece suit. Thats all you can do really find some where that'll make a jacket for your size.
    Also try on as small as size that is possible, make sure the sleeves are the right length tho, cos there meant to be tight.
    wooooo 100 posts \:D/
  4. yea I would also recommend you not buying any loose fitting jacket.

i have the same issue of being slim but not as tall all the jackets are too loose and dangerous so i ended up buying a dririder which came in the smallest size but is still a little loose but than any others i have seen.

i am buying a underdog jacket (custom fit) very soon to solve my problem.

there are many leather people out there but not very familiar with your area sorry

goodluck been there so know what ya mean :)
  5. I purchased a Dri-Rider DriMesh today, it fits pretty well. Even around the waist thanks to all the adjustments that can be made to them.