Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

IZH Jupiter electrics????

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Seany, May 20, 2005.

1. I have a problem with a 1966 Jupiter 350. I should be that when the ikey is turned one way the indicators will work, turned the other way all the lights will work. Sounds fair enough and last time I had it going this was the case.

:?: A year later I've pulled it out and got it going again but the lights are different. Now when I turn the key one way the headlight will work but nothing else, and turned the other way I have everything but the headlight. The odd thing is that NOTHING HAS BEEN CHANGED SINCE THE LAST TIME IT WORKED! :? :?

Is there anyone familiar with Russian bikes that might know what's going on?

Also, does anyone know what the Russian symbols are for positive, negative and earth? All the wiring had been done with no consideration of colour coding.
  2. "So what country did you say this car comes from?"

"Errr, it no longer exists..."

[Buzz, click, clunk, whiir...]

"Put it in 'H'!"

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  3. bwahahahahhahahahaha what situation in life HASN'T the simpsons made funny :LOL:
  4. Thanks Coco, I was bit worried no-one would get it... 8)
  5. It's not a car, it's a bike and just because its country no longer exists doesn't mean it doesn't have feelings. :cry: We should be more understanding of our refugee bikes. It's having real trouble with our western understanding of electrics and needs our help, not humiliation. :)
  6. rewire it!!!!
    thats always heaps of fun and frustration.
    ill do it i love wiring stuff up.

and ive only been electrocuted 1!!! :D :D :D
  7. it problably reversed its polarity since it changed it postion on the equator, and the magnetic poles. try poking it with magnets. or menace it with pliers... thatll threaten it nyet?
  8. Thanks guys. I think I'll spend the weekend riding the Honda, then prepare myself to stand next to the bloody thing drinking beer and swearing at it.

I thought of rewiring but as I don"t speak Russian that well, working out Pos Neg & Earth could be a prob.

Hmmm, Where did I put that magnet? Maybe if I weld it to by hammer and........... :?