Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Ixon jacket

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Mandala434, Jul 31, 2007.

1. After 6 days I owned my first ever 50cc scooter I've just decided to buy more protective gears:oops: (dumb of me) after a couple of nervy stuffs that happened.

I've just bought myself an Ixon Hacker jacket, since I'm still a new rider, I got a question about the size/fitting of the jacket. I found out that the small size actually fit snuggly (after I've learned that the bigger size can have a dire consequences for me if I do fall down) but it seems the lower part is a bit short even my shirt that I'm wearing can be visibly seen (not by much). Is this normal in that type of jacket or did I just bought the wrong sized jacket? Thanks for the help...

2. I have one of these and your better to go the size up. not so much that it drowns you but so that all the armour in the jacket is where its supposed to be.

When you put the jacket on, sit on a bike and reach for the bars, if the elbow and shoulder protection are floating then get the smaller size.

if you fall off these things need to be where they are supposed to so that they do there job.

3. Remember that biker jackets also have a higher cut waist, which takes a little getting used to (for guys :p). I got the T-shirt/belt showing thing happening too. =/

Do the sleeves reach neatly up to your wrist/under your gloves? If it's bigger, you might find it riding up your arm in the wind... If it's too short, you'll get wind against your arm too.

I'm in the same situation as you with my rjays jacket... It's quite snug with the winter lining, I was worried I might bust my shoulder seams. But the more I wear it, the better/easier it sits. Without the liner in summer was a bit airy, though I have put on weight...

i'll see how it goes...