Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I've no idea what this is, but it's waaaaaay cool

Discussion in 'Multimedia' at netrider.net.au started by Gromit, Jun 17, 2006.

1.  Top
  2.  Top
  3. It's a wacked out streetfighter!

SHORYUKEN! LOL :p

I'm such a random nerd.

4. The tint of red on the rocker cover suggests Holden 308 or 253. The rear wheel (wrong side to assertain make) suggests it's only ment to go in a straight line only. My guess is drag bike. :wink: :)

5. Although the pic's hosted on a Russian site, so maybe it was cobbled together from tractor components left over from the last 5-year plan?

'Tis a singular machine, whatever it is.

6. Mate, you will not believe the things I saw being built in garages, and on the roads of Poland and Czech.

I saw home made choppers that looked like they'd barely make it to the corner shop.

And others that would not have been out of place at the Full Throttle Saloon custom bike show.

When you have little money but a lot of ingenuity it's amazing what you can come up with. :cool:

7. Ahh, well spotted my learned friend.

I've just had another look at that red and you're right, it ain't red. I know where I've seen that colour now. It was the original colour of dad's IZH, not holden at all.

Now I is becomming bigger curious and want to know more. :-s

Edit: For those without a few Jupiter bits in the shed, what you can see (if you look closely [closer than my initial glance]) is not red, it's salmon pink (yes it looked shit on the bike).

8. Mad Max is back and there is a NEW interceptor :shock:

9. Best paint job ever :grin: It should be compulsory for all old bikes with big engines. I'll paint my bike as a rat someday.

How does it steer? The handlebars aren't connected in the usual way...
    Front suspension has to be the coolest thing about it. Brakes (or lack thereof) look way past scary though :shock:

The foot pegs seem to be too far forward. I think your knee would bash against the flaming hot engine.

It'd be loud if nothing else with that exhaust

The original rat bike/streetfighter ethic is to create something so badass it scares the crap out of people just to look at- this is definetly one of the best.

10. I like it! interesting front suspension design, a very primitive hub center :)

Looks like something out of a post-apocalyptic movie scene :twisted:

11.  Top
  12. ratbike.org ... thats hilarious

13. There's something I really like about that thing. I'm going with way cool for the moment.

14. Sort of reminds me of the Aliens movies, I like it. Whoever built it should definately be given a job designing bikes (but let someone else do the engineering ;)).