Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I've gone "MAD"

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Iffracem, Jul 8, 2007.

1. That's "Motorcycle Acquisition Disease" :LOL:

Just couldn't resist, I bought a mates VFR800.... that makes four bikes now.

Might just have to start up a "MAD riders support group"
  2. Sorry.....I don't see what the problem is!
  3. You have a bit to catch up with smack tho.
  4. I'll have to get two jobs.. and a bigger shed, and a strange fascination for European Harleys, and become even uglier..........
  5. It's a sickness alright! I really want a 600+ trailbike(actually, missus has hinted that she may buy me one with her annual bonus!), and every time I see a Z 650 advertised, I have to try really hard not to think about buying it.
    Best of luck, all you can say is you are a bikeaholic at the meetings, you're "sober" days just went back to zero!

Regards, Andrew.
  6. Hmm...You had a Z650 in a previous life didn't you? :)

I ran a search on Kawasaki Road bikes on ebay, and it returned a 750GT burgundy in colour, current bid then $335, just like the one I bought new years ago. Memories came flooding back...wouldn't it be nice.....NO stop thinking along those lines..needs rebuild/parts hard to get.
    Mentioned it to the wife ..shes says yes it would be nice too as she has memories of riding it too.
    Just going back to check it now
  7. its ok you can always hide it at my place! Nice choice to jim.
  8. They threw me out of the bikeaholic meetings after three sessions...

cos I turned up on a different bike each time :roll:

umm... Ward... let me think......

you've got your own Viffer!
  9. meh it was worth a shot. :roll:
  10. Hi, my name is Jeff and I want to become a bikeaholic.! :LOL:

I would really like a bike of each style but the finance minister cannot understand. :roll:

I have a cruiser and a trail bike and I would love to add two sportsbikes (faired R6 and naked hornet 900) and a tourer (probably a FZ1)

How can overcome my problem!!!!
  11. I still have 'some' room in the garage :)
  12. fire the finance minster :grin:
  13. I'm probably getting an r6 come February, and I like the occasional cruiser ride :cool:
  14. I sure did have a Z 650. So cheap to repair, replace parts, most of the stuff is the same as Z 1000 gear, so you can buy new reproduction for bugger all! Nice little bike to, good power, nice handling for what it was.
    I do like the later 750's, the ones with the big square tanks.
    I know if one came up for sale in my area, it would find it's way here.
    Maybe we need an "Intervention" forum, where you can post what you looked at/are considering buying etc, and people can try and dissuade you?
    Maybe that wouldn;t work judging by the replies in this thread.

Regards, Andrew.
  15. being an acronym kinda guy...
    i think it would be better if you changed it to-
    Compulsive Random Aquisition of Bikes Syndrome

"its not my fault dear, it's an itch i cant scratch. i have CRABS...."
  16. :shock:

I've got crabs?

17. Joel, that's an absolute classic :rofl:

So, jj, piccies of the new infection???
  18. We already knew you were mad! :p

Ohhh- a new bike! Yay! Congrats, looking forward to seeing it on the ride. :cool:
  19. Im down to 1... well technically 3 (2 others I havent seen in years).

You can break the cycle..... you just need an annoying female to force you to.

Or the right bike of course. OOOOOMBLAHHHHHH! :wink:
  20. It'll be a while before you see it, seeing it's in Tas and all :?

The Missus didn't mind at all really... not that she really had any choice, a man has to do, what a man has to do :LOL:

Pictures... only one at the moment.

isn't it pretty....