Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Ive created a monster

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Roarin, Nov 1, 2004.

1. On Saturday I took my son who's 12 years old for what was meant to be a ride around the block on the back of my bike. He has never been on a road bike before so I thought a quick lap would cure the curiosity. One hour later & about 80kms we finally get back home. Sunday arvo finds us in Apollo bay for an icecream. Now the diellema. Where do you get kids size protective gear? Are draggin jeans available in kids sizes? Thanks in advance.

2. Peter Stevens in Geelong should have all the gear to deck him out in.

3. I have a 13 year old boy and a 9 year old girl that love going pillion. Being a 5'4" female, I wear my leather jacket and the kids wear my dri rider. It's a bit big but with all the adjustable straps, I can get it to fit reasonably well, plus the fact that they are growing at an increasing rate, I wasn't prepared to go out and spend $$$ on gear for them when they will grow out of it in 12 a matter of months.

Flipper

4. At least I know with 5 kids the $$ I will need to spend are well amortised. They keep complaining they will all want to got together, and leave ad cuttings for trikes all around the place.

5. I have a 9yo brother (pretty tall for his age.....are we surprised???). He has a MX helmet, cos we can't get road helmets to fit him, and he wears my Dainese summer jacket with jeans and kids work boots, ski gloves and glasses when we take him out on the bike.

Draggin' jeans do tailor make pants, though, so you could get some made. Just go in to them in South Melbourne and they'll sort you out!

:D :D :D

6.  Top
  7. Thanks for all your replies. Firefling, as I only get to see my kids once a fortnight so it may take a while to check out the sizing of jackets etc. I will get back to you when we get a chance to sort out his size. As a bloke I havent got too much idea till we try a couple on. Flipper -I sure understand about kids growing out of clothes in a hurry. I hope to hang on to some of the gear for my daughter who is 3 years younger to wear a bit later on. She is not as keen as my son to hop on so might spread the cost out a bit. Thanks again all.