Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

it's your funeral

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by A boy named Sue, Mar 17, 2012.

1. _59136043_014277225-1.
    A German motorcyclist aims to help fellow enthusiasts arrive at their final resting place in style - in a sidecar hearse fitted to a Harley.

Joerg Grossmann, from near Frankfurt, says he developed the hearse for die-hard bikers who want to ride right to the end.

His prototype recently attended its first funeral fitted to a Kawasaki.

He says 10 Harley hearses, each costing about 60,000 euros (£50,000), will be ready later this year.

Mr Grossmann, 48, estimates he could attract about 1,000 bookings each year in Germany alone.

Hiring the Harley hearse costs 1,200 euros a time compared with about 200 euros for a normal hearse.

He says he already has plans to expand his services into Switzerland and elsewhere.

Mr Grossmann said many motorcyclists were excited about the idea.

"It's something special," he said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-17411574

2. people are dying to have a ride in one of them

• Like Like x 1
  3. I like the idea, not the first time It's been done though. If it was more "ornamental" I would like it even more, that's a pretty ugly looking box there.

4. meh....
    theres a few guys in melbourne with harley hearses,
    thought they are not enclosed like this one.

both of these are melbourne based, with another that uses a custom trailer on the back
    homepage_photo.

[​IMG]

5. How can they possibly justify 6 x the cost?

6. #6 bloodzkull, Mar 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    [/url][/media]

i would be happy as **** to have this as my funeral!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Can someone please tell me where I can buy a shaft drive Harley.

8. That's the VN1500 prototype apparently, Pat...

9. Awesome! When I go I want a bike to take me to the cemetery :)

10. When I go you can just push me over whatever embankment I've crashed into, and be done with it.
    I can't see myself caring too much...

11. HST had it correct, ashes fired from a cannon. Anything else is just kids stuff.