Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Its tough being a new south welshman....

Discussion in 'Your Near Misses - A Place to Vent' at netrider.net.au started by Mr Messy, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Minding my own business riding to work this afternoon when i went through the same roundabout ive posted about before. This time i came out the other side with a queensland plated rustbox in front of me, and a victorian 4WD behind me. 8-[

Needless to say i near died of fright as the hazard perception kicked in.
    I had a choice to make... be run down by your average tailgating 4WD victorian or suffer the slalom style brake stomping and swerving uncontrollably across 4 lanes of traffic without looking while playing with your hair average queenslander......... :cheeky:

I was so terrified that i deathgripped the handlebars, shivered from fright, and damn near lost it going around a corner to an entrance ramp to the New England Highway as my front wheel went over one of the metal strips (wet) that let the road move when it heats up etc. :angel:

Lesson of the day: Stay home at holiday time to avoid so many interstate travellers... :soapbox:

Ok well there really was a victorian in front of me and a queenslander behind me, but in reality i just found out how slippery those metal bits can be. Makes sense i spose, i was warned about railway lines.....

edit: and there was no deathgrip either, but i was shivering because its cold :p.