Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

It's raining.....

Discussion in 'Jokes and Humour' started by hornet, Nov 5, 2005.

1. ......in Wollongong, and has been all night, and I can't sleep, and our ride is probably going to be cancelled, and I'll have to go shopping instead, grumble grumble

So, a joke, can't promise you haven't heard it before, so get over it if you have.... :D

A chap on holiday in Wales went into a strange pub, and after a couple of pints fell into conversation with a few of the locals.

After a while the subject under discussion was that most dangerous of all topics - politics, and our hero, having sunk a few, shouted out loudly that Lloyd George had a face like a sheep.

This comment provoked uproar, and a fight broke out, ending with the bar completely wrecked and the author of the disturbance in a hospital bed with a broken jaw, his ribs in plaster and numerous minor bruises, cuts and contusions.

To the policeman at his bedside investigating the brawl he said "I'm really sorry, but I didn't realize this was Lloyd George country."
    "It isn't" said the copper, "it's sheep country."

2. You had to be there sort of joke
    wtf is lloyd jones?
  3. Is that the best you can do at 4:08 am?

What were you doing awake then anyway?
  4. hey I was awake then too! And posting on netrider.
    Nothing wrong with being awake early hours!!

Hornet said he couldnt sleep cos of the rain :p
  5. It bloody rains up there all the time...meanwhile in Melbourne it couldn't be sunnier. :p
  6. Ok three explanations

Lloyd George was the Prime Minister of England, he had a really craggy face, here's all about him

hence the intended insult of comparing his face to that of a sheep, and the attendant reversal, which is the point of the joke.

he also stars in the school-boy doggerel "Lloyd George knew my father", sung to the tune of Onward Christian Soldiers. (try it, it works!!!)

Secondly, it DOESN'T rain all the time up here, just on the weekends when I want to go for a ride, (but I did anyway!!)

And thirdly, (and this will happen to YOU TOO when you get older) I'm a light sleeper, and the rain woke me up, like eswen said.

(And fourthly, yes, it is a lame joke, but at 4 o'clock in the morning, what do you expect?)