Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

its not a crisis! Cruiser in the gong.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Stapler401, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Hi,
    Been lurking for a fair while, became a user and have been told to say Hi.
    I am Dave, From Wollongongs southern burbs, have recently bought an XVS1100 custom 2004 model. It looks pretty enough as far as I am concerned!
    Haven't been on a bike for 6 years, so easing myself back into it with a few quiet backroad rides. would like to get for a few social rides, not quite up to macquarie pass etc. yet and while ride passes are plentiful but they still depend on hormones (not mine ;) ).

I have a serious question and may as well throw it here, If I show up to an 'all riders invited' social ride held by a club such as VVMC and aren't on a HD am I going to get ridiculed?

Dave

2. You won't get ridiculed on any Netrider ride, whatever you ride (y)

And there's a couple of groups in Wollongong itself that also have a very eclectic mix of bikes, ages and skills; you'd be most welcome there too, as you are here :)

(I'm from the southern s)uburbs myself, so we'll probably see each other around.