Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Its more about safety than law, but hey.........

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by vic, Jun 13, 2006.

1. Folks, our good friends at MUARC are in need of a further 5-6 people to partake in this focus group tomorrow evening.

All those that can make it, i'll see you there ;)

Monash University Accident Research Centre is currently investigating hazard perception in motorcycling. We are holding a focus group discussion on Wednesday the 14th of June from 5:30 to 7:00 at the Clayton Campus of Monash University. This discussion will touch on the various types of hazards that you as experienced motorcyclists think are most important.
    If you are interested in participating, or would like more details, please contact Megan Bayly on 99051815 or via email at [email]megan.bayly@muarc.monash.edu.au[/email] 
  2. Netrider is a hazard :shock: ?????
  3. I'll try to be there, as I'm keen to know more about this and - of course - am obviously happy to help out in any way I can! I knock off work at quarter to 5 in Hawthorn, so I should be able to make it (as long as I'm not roped into some overtime :().
  4. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. Maybe
  5. I wont finish work in time in Parkville to make it to Clayton by 5.30....but sounds interesting hey...
  6. Hazards MMM hit 3 cars, 1 magpie in the chest,one police officer , and fell of drunk twice :shock:
  7. I've been in contact with Megan and am intending to go. She sent me a map of where to go on the night. :grin:
  8. Z, do you think you are your own worst enemy? ;)
  9. I hope the people who replied to this stating a yes or maybe actually contacted the email address that Vic gave and don't hope just to turn up on a whim :LOL:
  10. It was very enlightening this evening.
    I'm looking forward to the hazard perception tests that they will be conducting in the future. :grin:
  11. Hey G,

Nice to meet you tonight!!!!
    Yeah it was very interesting apart from the guy who didnt stop talking!!!!!

Yeah im a def. on the next one!
  12. Nice to meet you too Miss_dj!

That chap reminded me of when I was back at school. :LOL:
    I had to time it to get a word in, every now and then.
  13. I so wanted to smash him and then ask him about his hazard perception skills.

The walked in started talking and was still talking as he rode off.
    Stupid prick!!!!! :evil:
  14. Hahahah yeah i know i heard you every now and then make a little sound as though you were trying to say something lol...

Well theres always one in a group and if you're in a group that doesnt have "one of those people" it means you're the one :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

15. And which was maddest when you hit them? the magpie or the police officer?

Were you aiming at all of them, or just some? :cool:

16. :shock: