Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

It's going to ruin us!

Discussion in 'Jokes and Humour' at netrider.net.au started by TonyE, Jun 19, 2010.

1. #1 TonyE, Jun 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  2. Now THAT is how the government should be selling this tax.

3. I love how the video's got Land of Hope and Glory playing in the background, because that's where a sizeable chunk of the profits go.

I did an assignment on BHP and Rio Tinto back on 20 March 2007, and at that time 38% of BHP's market capitalisation was held on the London Stock Exchange, and a whopping 66% of Rio's mcap was held on the LSE.

Good video.

4. love it

5. Now JG's going to "negotiate" with those rich bastards.

Stivor

6. Even if a good chunk of the money goes overseas a lot still stays here, through existing tax, employment, local shareholdings, super fund dividends as they are so keen to point out...

Whatever, I'm sure a decent amount of their tax is offset by stimulus/incentives/concessions.

7. Stivor, JG will, but considering they're hitting such a huge part of our economy there should probably have been negotiations in the first place.

8. I don't remember JH negotiating with us when he introduced his GST

Stivor

9. Yep and they will probably bump that up a bit soon to make up for the lost tax from mining and poor people won't say shit, but the liberals wil get them all confused and scared and convince us the poor mining companies are battlers supporting us when really they are raping our land while the price is right and raking in mountains of cash that most of our country won't even see.

10. We're not talking about the GST, we're talking about the mining tax.

Would have been good if they'd have discussed it with the industry first.