Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

It's funny because it's someone else!!!

Discussion in 'Jokes and Humour' at netrider.net.au started by hornet, Jan 7, 2006.

1. Yesterday I bought a new front tyre for the Hornet: I got over 12,000 kms out of the BT-014, so I replaced it with another. As I left the Workshop Manager intoned the usual mantra; "Just be careful for the first day or two on that new tyre, mate!" Point taken....

This morning I returned to get the new chain and sprockets fitted, and heard the same Manager intone the same mantra to a guy just leaving on a Kawa ZX6R. (Helmet, no gloves, jeans and a flannelette shirt)

You can guess the rest, can't you? He gassed it up pulling out onto the road and dumped it on its side! Multiple scratches on the fairing, front indicator sheared off, but worst, the right-hand footpeg bracket snapped off at the frame. An expensive front tyre.......

2. A cheap lesson for our squiddy friend though.

Better that he learnt hes not invincible at low speed, rather than somewhere he could really get hurt.

3. and i bet the guy from the bike shop was happy he finally got to see someone not taking his advice right in front of his eyes
    :LOL:
    how stupid would the dropper feel