Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

It's finally happened!!!

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by Melbgirl, Jun 19, 2008.

1. G'day all .... long time reader, first time poster :grin:

Just to give you a bit of history .... have been involved in bikes one way or another for the best part of 20 years ... always wanted my own and a licence but for whatever reason, the men in my life have always said 'no .. too dangerous'.

Did a lot of dirt bike riding as a kid/teenager around the back of my cousin's farm (yeah, I was a bit of a tom boy).

Well ... at 37 years of age I've finally done it!!!! Go for my learner's on the 12 July (through DECA at Carrum Downs) and my brand new 2008 GS500F arrives next week!

Words cannot even express how excited I am!!

This site has been an amazing source of information and I have found it refreshing to hear people admit their mistakes (in public) to try to teach other people. Thanks to all of you for your honesty and experience .. it will come in very handy.

I have read a lot that a newbie should never buy a new bike ... you're probably right and I'm sure when I drop it for the first time I will curse the ground I walk on, however I think I got it for a fairly reasonable price and at my age .. well, you have to spoil yourself don't you.

Woops .. look like I've rambled a bit (heaps sorry) but really just wanted to say g'day and I'm looking forward to becoming a part of your great community.

:grin:

2. Welcome and congratulations. :grin:

3. Sounds like you've waited long enough. You'll be beeming from ear to ear once you're out riding - it's just brilliant :grin: Although you'll most likely experience a fair bit of :shock: , :? and :oops: at the start, but it'll soon turn into :twisted: and :woot:

Ok, enough smilies :LOL:
    Let us know how you go with your Ls! We'll want pics of your bike too.

4. Congrats Melbgirl ! :dance:
    and Welcome to 'Nutrider' :p
    WOW .. a brand new bike .. you lucky ***

Enjoy and Stay Safe

:biker:

5. Welcome to the insanity.
    Sounds like the Ls and Ps courses are going to be a formality for you
    Happy Riding

6. Congrat's on finally doing it Melbgirl! :grin: And totally agree with you about the spoiling yourself. My first bike was brand spanking shiny new...as was my second. :grin:

Have a blast at your Ls at keep us updated. :)

7. Awesome...brand new bike, eh?

:grin:

Sounds like you got it all sorted out, welcome!

8. Well done and welcome to the jungle. Yeah, it sucks when you drop your new bike but as long as the drop is not too serious, the bike still goes fine.

9. Congrats on your new bike! Have lots of fun and stay safe :)

10. About time you got a bike..... welcome :)