Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

It's catastrophic!

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by fekkinell, Nov 18, 2009.

1. #1 fekkinell, Nov 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  2. Reports indicate the fires could travel at Ludicrous speed.

Oh noes!
  3. If they rage through Victoria, they will all be booked and will attract demerit points.
  4. :rofl:
    All part of their evil plan!
  5. It comes down to so much overuse of the "Extreme" level that it ceased to be extreme any more. That forced them to come up with a new label to describe the higher-than-extreme threat. Since they've already started overusing "catastrophic", I predict the introduction of "armageddon" level soon.
  6. It's catastrophising on an extreme level.
  7. Yeah, I guess they still have "severely catastrophic" and "extremely catastrophic" before they have to get biblical.

8. .. and then Catastophically Armageddon-ish??? :LOL:
  9. which is worse: "extremely catastrophic" or "catastrophically extreme"?
  10. But Why, oh why, do they also call it "(Code Red)"?.. Do the pollies want to feel like they're on "24"? (And Catastropically Extreme sounds like a skateboard trick....)
  11. there is in fact a threat/warning level one up from that even.

it's known as "wow, shit just got real man"

basically it entails a fireman smashing down your door, kicking your bong out of your hands, grabbing you of the couch by your ears, and screaming in your face "SON, YOU NEED TO GET THE **** OUT NOW!!
  12. That gave me a real good laugh!!=D>
  13. I thought I was the only one having a silent chuckle about this.

Good to see there are some realists left.

BTW everyone in melbourne should have left their home this morning because of the danger... also most of us have jobs or school. So burn dole bludgers ... burn