Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

It's all in the name

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Doofus, Nov 20, 2005.

1. Ok my mate just got his L’s and bought himself a new, off the show room floor Suzuki GSX-R 250. He came over to show it off, told me to hop on it (just for a sit). Now I had no idea the bike was gonna be as heavy as it was and the inevitable happened. The bike and I fall over.

Most of the bike landed in the grass, but the ball on the end of the hand brake snapped off, and the chrome muffler got scratched at the base and near the tip.

The reason I’m sharing this is I wanna find out how much this might cost to replace the brake leaver and fix or replace the muffler. I intend to pay for all damages. Any ideas?

2. At least a grand for cash, maybe more.
  3. woh, that steep.

4. Woops hey.... Live and learn
  5. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Sorry, but this time on a sunday morning THATS FUNNY :LOL: :LOL:
  6. Brake lever should be cheap enough. How deep are the scratches on the zorst?

7. Not deep at all.. The bike an I fell over on the spot. I know some companies that do repairs on chrome wheels so I was hoping they could (or similar companies) could repair the scratches on the muff. The areas are only the size of a 50 cent piece or so.
  8. I take it thats the reason for your chosen nick? :D:D:D

Bummer dood, but yeah, the can is going to be the most expensive thing to fix.
  9. Didn't think Suzuki was still selling GSXR250s new (2005 compliance import perhaps?). Brake lever should only be around 10 bucks but the muffler could be much more - depends on whether the scratch can be polished out or if it needs to be replaced.
  10. I'm pretty sure the muffler is repairable. If not, cos it's just cosmetics he'll have to live with it for a while till I have the spare cash to replace it.

And yes, hence the nick.
  11. My new clutch lever cost $110. I guess a brake lever would be the same. I was told I'm lucky it didn't fall on the other side cause the muffler would have cost $900.

There is nothing similar bout my bike and your mates but it should give an indication of top end cost. :wink:
  12. Thanks man. That's the kind of info I'm after.
  13. man that sux. I bet the look on your mates face when that happened was priceless :p
  14. as you can imagine.

After about 20 minutes of checking the bike over in the dark with a torch, he turn around and says, "oh, are you alright?"

I had a grazed leg and a twisted ankle, but I wasn’t worried about that. :? So yeah even I was more worried about the bike.
  15. :shock: What was it, gold plated? Replacement clutch lever for my Suzuki was 8 bucks new, from a Suzuki dealer. If you check out gobike.com.au they've got a full range of replacement levers, all around the $10-15 range.
  16. It's actually the whole assembly and includes installation by Redwing honda. Eitherway, I don't have to pay for it. :)
  17. Depends upon the brand... lever for my Kawasaki is cheap, but I paid $75 for an original one for the Triumph I used to ride.
  18. yeah I just quoted $75 for a break leaver on a friggin scooter! 05 model though
  19. aftermarket brake levers are made by mcs for most bikes.
    They cost hardly anything.. any more than 20 bucks and you're getting ripped!