Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

It's all good - Andrew Daddo (Book Review) - excellent!

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by I Adore Vic, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Okay. I just can't get the brain to work tonight, so I'm not going to even attempt to write my own in depth review about this book.

The blurb should do the job anyway. :) It worked for me. I bought the book. :grin:

It's all good - Andrew Daddo

I'm halfway through the book and loving it. Daddo is a hoot. I love his relaxed writing style. Love the way he views this new world of motorbike riding. Quite funny but oh so true.

It's not often I give a book 5 out of 5, especially when I'm not yet finished it, but so far this one deserves the rating.

Recommend it to all.

And you gotta love Andrew Daddo. :)

2. Hrm, shall buy it today :D
  3. Sounds really good hey - might have to hunt it out this weekend... :grin:
  4. I think I may have seen something on TV about this. It was very moving. Thanks for reminding me of it Rosie. :)
  5. thx rosie. got a coupla book vouchers for chrissie that need using up. this sounds just the antidote to the work books i'm reading at the mo :grin:
  6. Well I may just give this a read, if Rosie's recommending it.

Of course, I do have 1 piece of far more classical literature to finish before I embark upon such a novel...

7. Is there a mention of Alison Bray ?
    Or even a mention or Cameron or Lochie ?

Or am I way off on the Daddo thing ??? :p

8. Just because I recommend a book doesn't mean it's any good Ktulu. :LOL: I also happen to LOVE Wilbur Smith books. Best Goddamn author around!

Still feel compelled to pick up Daddo's book? ;) :LOL:

I must say I've never heard of the book you are reading - and the description has me scratching my head in confusion - but I'll pick it up at the library next time I'm there. :)
  9. You'll want to read The Ultimate Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks first.
    It is a truly awesome book.

This one is ok too, but it just lacks the style of his first one.

My copy is currently on loan to Donkey I think, but let me know if you can't find it at the library and I'll send it down.
  10. Cameron Daddo =

He was always the cutest. :)

Yep - his brothers are mentioned. Not sure who Alison Bray is though. :?
  11. C'mon, it was the most popular magazine cut out on boys school folders during the 90s ! :p Way before Megan and JennyH . . . around the time of the Kimberly's (thats Joseph and Davies) ! :LOL: . . . . .

ktulu . . . img source photo please !!!
  12. :rofl: What is it with you and that dog Scrambles?!
  13. It's "Brahe"... but Bray might be how it's spelt in Mexico, so I'll let it slide this time :p

14. crap ! . . its Bray !

Just like my screen/catwalk name, its Micque, but my everyday name is Mick ! :rofl:

And as I remember, Rosie is short for Rosilina or something ???
    And ktulu is short for Christopher Ktulunoski-Smith ???
    :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Its her stage name !!!!!
  15. Whatever you say... "Benji"

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  16. No Mikey...It's not Rosilina... :twisted:
  17. A Rosie by any other name...
  18. ...will still have a misleading avatar.
  19. damn, I know I should not have signed that contract !
    Now I think a kick in the nuts is called for !!!