Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

It's alive!!!

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by bikeboy, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Well, there were a few dramas towards the end, but there's light at the end of the tunnel.

The GS1000 I've been restoring is within a poof-teenth of being back on the road. Passed a major mile-stone today when I fired the motor up (after solving some oil-leak issues). You can see the end result at the bottom of this page:
    link to the website, and I'd encourage you to read the whole saga.

I need to thank Rob at MSC for checking I didn't have any valves banging in to pistons before ignition ;-)

2. Nice bike :cool:

Its always a great feeling when you know you've done something right :grin:
  3. You've got to be happy the way that has turned out? Plus you've gotta be happy with your effort, to say the least?

The things that intrigue people, well me. The emblem restoration, that must have taken hours to acheive that result?

It is starting to look like what it did many moons ago, albeit with some better bits and pieces, inclusive of hard work.
  4. Incredible job mate! I would love to do an identical project to that with an old big bore GS! Well done!

5. lookin' good
    well done
  6. That looks great mate.
    Good bikes for the time looks like you helped her live for another 20+ years.
  7. Ian, that looks better than new!! I always loved those old zooks (when they were new :LOL:)
  8. That is a great job! Almost looks too good to take out on the road and get dirty!

Glad to see all that time and effort showing such good results.