Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Italian Owners run Feb 4 Tas

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by smack, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Decided that 6 months riding the dildo was enough fun, so I regoed the Duc on Friday. Booked in for it's 50k service today so meh, why not go for a run. Showed up at Salamaca at 9.30 and was somewhat stunned by the amount of bikes there. Mined ewe, it was a glorious day with temps in the mid 20's. Met up with Twingirl and showed her a mates TLR that is for sale. Matt and Lauren were there, but decided to go on the alternate ride to Port Arthur.

10 am and we all headed for Tarraleah, first stop at New Norfolk for a regroup. Smoko over and off we went at a perfectly legal speed to Ouse where the single PULP pump got a workout. Tarraleah is 39 klm from Ouse and with the perfect weather, the only thing to watch out for was roadkill and 2 campervans and a boat. The 35 kph corner just before Taraleah claimed a Suzuki motard, didn't see any broken rider so figured once they extracted it from the ditch all would be OK.

Had an overpriced toasted sanger and the revamped shop and headed back to Ouse. Decided to split from the group and show TG the other side of the river. Tis a road thats used as a stage in the Targa. Narrow, windy and somewhat bumpy but very much worth doing. Stopped in New Norfolk for a wee and realised that I am not bike fit anymore. 100 klm and I'm walking like an old man. Has nothing to do with the fact that I am an old man.

Decided since TG handled the narrow windy road so well, I'd test her on the back road through Molesworth. Single lane road that winds up to Colinsvale. No traffic at all.

After the ride I helped TG oil her chain and while coffee was served she got an SMS to head to my house for a spa. Seems Fiery and jmack had decided that Sunday afternoon in the spa with beer, vodka and no blokes was the way to go. WTF!! I was headed to work at 4pm.

2. Ha ha... sucked in :p
  3. Italian Owners Run 4th Feb

Sunday was glorious weather here in Tas, and I was looking forward to a ride with the Italian club. Smack was bringing his Ducati along, to blow away some cobwebs... :p :LOL:
    Salamanca was crowded and there was a great turnout. Twas good to see a much loved TLR, it brought back good memories of mine....but I now prefer the SP-2 !!
    The ride to Tarraleah was good, with a good pace set.. :eek: :grin: :grin:
    Only 1 stack was a good result for such a large and varied group.
    The Targa road into New Norfolk was good, though bumpy. I was feeling a bit tired when we got to New Norfolk, and grumbled to Smack, that I needed a break. he wasn't much better....not super ride fit at the moment.. :LOL: :LOL:
    After new Norfolk, I believe we used what is referred to as a road, however goat track comes to mind...... :shock: :shock: At least it was bitumen, but geez it was a squeeze when those 2 cars came the other way.... :shock:
    As tight it was, I still really enjoyed that road too, it was a great way to make me wake up and concentrate again..... :grin: :grin: :grin:
    Home stretch, and in my best whiny voice I asked Steve to swing by to help me oil the chain..he is cheaper than a track stand..it only costs me a cup of coffee..!
    Mind you, he even had to make his own coffee whilst I prepared to have a spa at his house with the girls! :cool:
    Smack then had to go to work, whilst we all drank in his spa.... :eek: :grin: :grin:
    It was a tops day....... :grin: :grin: :grin:

4. Pouts
  5. Didums..... :p I said cheap...not easy.. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: