Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

It seems the WA resource boom is very real.....

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by incitatus, Nov 22, 2006.

1. I have just had a call from a mate who is a finance broker at Alf Barbagallo's (for the non-WA types, Barbagallo is the agent for Ferrari, Maserati, Aston Martin and many other super cars). It seems that somebody just ordered and paid in advance for a Bugatti Veyron, the first for Australia. Now that's a US$1.2M piece of kit if you didn't already know.

2. I knew someone had one on order.
    Lindsay Fox?
    He apparently has quite the exotic supercar collection, and cash to burn.

Incredible - those cars are so expensive, and they are still actually sold at a loss :shock:
  3. Damn, I said TWO! The missus wants one.

Regards, Andrew.
  4. People spend that sort of money on art. Personally I reckon a Veyron would be a lot more fun to own than a painting.
  5. Believe it or not, I owned a Bugatti once, back before wife No1 picked my bones clean . It wasn't a Veyron, and I was a lot younger then.....

6. and your wife no 1 was a looker... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :oops: sorry... nice clasic car though...
  7. HAHAHAHHAAH r0x0r :LOL:
  8. Brilliant photo, Inci! What a gas!
  9. DO NOT!!... I repeat, DO NOT... let her near a $1.2M, 1000 horses, power plant :shock: :p
  10. that car is sexual...

i want to do nasty things to it.....

looks fantastic.. woudl certainly turn the eye!
  11. I've never understood why you would waste money on one of these machines. Ohh well, just as well I'm not a millionare aye :(
  12. Hey inci - what model was your Bug?

Looking at the pic I would've guessed Type 35, but I didn't think they had wire wheels.
  13. 1928 Type 33 'Strada', a touring version of the Type 33 GP car. 110mph (177kph) on cross-ply tyres and 2.5cm wide, cable operated brakes.......fascinating drive :grin:
  14. Mileage, inci?

How many rods to the hogshead does it get? :grin:
  15. ... and, I would guess, worth a heck of a lot more now than it was then, when you were young and handsome, George!

Any idea where it went; these things tend to stay traceable.......?