Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

It may be old, but its a bike- Honda CD250 and others.

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by iliketoride, Jul 19, 2006.

1. Hello Chaps.

My L's test is in two weeks, I'm stoked and eager to ride but I have a problem, no funds!! SO the plan is to buy an oldie but a goodie, after fighting and ignoring it, I'm gonna buy a POS, but a loveable one.

I once had an immaculate 79 Honda XR75 in honda red, I was part owner with a mate and she was gorgeous till the caretaker thrashed her and painted her black. We were about 10 or 11 at the time. 22 now and after the XR went down in a blaze of glory (literally) the bug has bitten me again!

So I need a bike, and I might as well get a little cruisey kinda number until I'm off restrictions and when I've got more cash to get a very nice bigger bike;) I like the way things work out sometimes because a week ago I was bummed because I couldnt get the 6Gs for a VTR, but now I'm finding the stoke that died with the XR, thats right.... twin rear shocks, metal petrol tank and big shapeless rectangular saddle.

So apart from the CD250 (which I actually think is cool in a leather cap and goggle kind of way), what other POS's fit the bill.

Thanks a lot.

Dan

2.  Top
  3.  Top
  4. unsure of your price range but im selling my virago quite soon, and although its not a POS im not asking much for it. PM me if you wish. ^.^

5. Whatever you get, get it serviced regularly and keep the maintenence up to it. a POS does not have to be unreliable.

Regards, Andrew.

6. I wonder what could be done to a nice old CD250 such as the pristine one on bikesales to make it more 'classic'... I'd be thinking of maybe getting some nice low bars for it, and putting an exhaust on it to get it singing... I wonder if that would be a total waste of time. Maybe even get the engine modified. Not to be a hoon but to get a nice surprising old school note..... :eek:

(please dont laugh :))