Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

It don't arf get dark at night, do it?

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by hornet, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Out cruising round in the cooler air tonight, all of a sudden, darkness. The headlight stopped working, both beams, about 16kms from home.

I couldn't do much about it at that time of night (after 9:00pm) so I tucked in behind a couple of unwitting motorists and got myself home.

The bulb appears to be ok, but one of the three spade connectors in the plastic connector box is a nasty black colour; I think I've managed to cook something, but I'll have a look at the fuses first..

in daylight, of course :LOL:
  2. Its good fun when the lights go out Paul, You want to try it in the twisties Mate,

Instant blackness, Lucky you had a couple of cars to get you home,
  3. Hornet if one of the 3 is black as, and both filaments dont light up, it'll be the earth connection cooked up. Just replace the connector (and cut back to nice copper before putting the new one on) and all should be good.

I've only ever had the low beam blow, and luckily I can just reach forward and tilt the headlight down so Hi doesnt bother paople :angel:
  4. Thanks for that, I'll be on to it later today!!