Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

It didn't hurt.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by vic, Jul 26, 2007.

1. Had Port80 over yesterday who needed a hand with his chain and suspension adjustments.

So I decided it was time to do another lap around the block to see how the arm held up.

It was supposed to be a short block which got extended to a couple of blocks.

Tried out some heavy braking thanks to a car and it didn't hurt. Muscled the bike around a few corners and that too didn't hurt.

Then as I turned back into my street, I cracked the throttle open and whooshka......up came the front wheel.

When it planted itself back onto the bitumen.........................it DIDN'T hurt.

Woohoo. I think I might be right to ride again.

I was excited at the prospect of being able to do the icicle ride. I was excited for at least 2 minutes until bloody port80 pointed to the slick front tyre and the "balder than me" rear tyre.

Unfortunately, I don't have the $400 for a set of tyres so I'll be sitting this years run out :(
  2. Excellent news! No pain under those sorts of strains (especially if you still don't feel any pain) is a great test :woot:
  3. Ow wow, some great news at last...way to heal Vic \:D/
  4. Hi Vic,

great to see that the healing is coming along. :grin:

Stay safe

5. Glad to hear that you are (mostly) healed Vic :)
  6. Yeah it felt good.
    It is no more sore than it normally is.

It's been 4 months off the bike. A few more weeks wont matter
  7. Besides, the balance of no pain <-> freezing to death makes the decision pretty easy, I would have thought :LOL:.
  8. wait, you stacked? since when.. surprised I didn't see the thread??
  9. Great to hear the shoulder is better Vic, but err on the sde of caution, few short rides here and there to start, build the muscles back up gradually.
    Maybe time for a cruiser? :rofl:

Regards, Andrew.
  10. Great to hear that some people are showing their shoulder who is boss! :grin: Of course not all can do that, bloody weak pussies they are! :oops: :wink:

Just remember, there isn't any superman auditions happening here in Vic or Tassie, or wherever you ride :grin:

Wanna swap "bad shoudlers" :p I'll chuck in the pain AND the pain killers Almost makes it worth it :-({|= :-w

At least I'm still able to ride with my dicky shoulder, I'd have lost it (even more) if I wasn't able to ride. Hopefully I can make a similar post sometime in the near future.. :eek:
  11. Good stuff Vic though a pity about the tyres. Hope you get the dosh together soonish and are back on the road. Four months :shock: ewww. That would be hard...
  12. Great stuff vic! :D

In others news, it didn't hurt when today a 4wd decided to merge into me in hardcore heavy traffic after visiting micky. Entire car brushed against me, then he stopped in front of me, checked his car for damage, abused me, shouted for a while, tried to rip my helmet off, then reversed full throttle trying to run me over, then took off..
  13. good to hear you can be back on 2 wheels vic
    Just don't get in too much of a rush take it easy.

14. Great news, well hopefully you will be able to make next year. Will have to make some noise around summer time to get that all-night summer ride organised.
  15. Gr8 news there Vic! Now for them tyres...

16. Grats Vic.
    Now you can join the rest of the werribee hoons.
  17. Top stuff Vic dont worry all good before summer :cool: :LOL:
  18. Excellent to hear you are progressing Vic. But no no no, don't take it too fast. Listen to those Doctors a little bit. How are the push-ups and chin-ups going? Can't do them? Maybe you're not ready yet?

Anyway, it'll be good to see you on the road in Spring :grin:
  19. I had a call from a member today that offered to help out re the tyres, I also had one offer me a loan to get some new hoops.

Thanks heaps, it's really appreciated. Makes me feel a bit luck to be part of this community.......actually, I don't think I have a choice :rofl:

The icicle ride is simply not a realistic target to hit so soon.

Spring will see me make up for lost time :)

Thanks again folks
  20. can we get the wide google ads back????? :LOL: