Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Issue with Bike not running smoothly

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by halifax, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Hi All,

Hoping someone can help me with the following...

I own a 03 r6 with 15,000k's, serviced a month ago and have the following problem.

Essentially the bike is not idling properly it jumps a little, also when moving at under around 4k it makes a strange deeper than usual sound and isn't making smooth power until after 4k where it really kicks in.
    Then every now and then when i go past 12k it stalls a bit and gets stuck around 12k before kicking the power in again.

I originally thought it was bad fuel or the spark plugs had gone so i took it to the mechanic who flushed the fuel, changed the plugs and gave it a service, but it continues to have the same problem.

Any suggestions?

2. Run a bottle of injector cleaner through the tank, make sure its not just gammy injectors.
    Also make sure your air filter is clean, however i doubt that would be the problem.

Does the bike have any mods or is it stock?
  3. Cheers Adge82 i'll give that a go.

Its stock... its got oggy knobs doubt thats going to effect the situation tho!
  4. Sounds electrical rather than petrol related.
    Have they plugged the ecu into a computer and taken readings of the different sensors?
    My bet is a TPS if your bike has one.