Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Isle of Man.

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by typhoon, Mar 10, 2007.

1. Thats one worth saving to disk!
    Thanks typhoon.
    I love Isle of Man footage.
  2. 18 minutes!!?? Hope it's a big f'n beer :grin:
  3. Poor Dave was killed in practice on this very circuit in 2003, only a year after making this vid. Another victim of this exciting but unforgiving Island :cry:.
  4. Wow. Just by the narrative he gave, he sounded like a nice bloke. It looks a truly scary piece of road(at that speed), I can't believe the amount of wiggling the bike does around there.

Regards, Andrew.
  5. Those bumps plus the corners where you dont want to run wide, becasue youv'e got to have the bike upright and ready for those jumps :shock:
  6. Thats one dangerous race that requires big balls; one you dont want to come off on.

Got quite a few TT vids, but this is the longest & one of the best ones I've seen by far.

Good find Typhoon. :cool:

7. Those Poms a Bloody Barmy!!!
    So how do i download a copy of that?
  8. If you would be so kind as to post a few.... :grin:
  9. Isle of Man trivia #1000

Famous Grand Prix commentator Murray Walker got started in race commentary assisting his father, who was for many years course announcer at the Island.

{And given that most of the circuit is out of site of the main stands, that may explain that he was always at least a lap or more behind what was obviously going on on the track when TV rendered commentary almost superfluous years later....}
  10. #13 Justus, Mar 30, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  11. one shot of tilmore dew two pints of guiness would see that footage through... :wink:
  12. bloody heathen :evil: it's TULLAMORE DEW!!!

13. JEW?????
  14. :facepalm:

you are a twit smack, too much TV I reckon