Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Isle of Man TT

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by Tweetster, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Wooohoooooooo!!!! Isle of Man TT this Sunday!!!! :biker:

2. is it on tv or anything?
  3. Yep!..apparently on Sunday...I'll go look for details...greatest road race!! :grin:
  4. Its on Sunday night at 8:30 on the Channel 10 sports channel (One HD & SD). I watched the special they had on it last week - some of the on board footage is scary stuff :shock:
  5. :dance: :dance: :dance: ONE-HD goes live in Wollongong TONIGHT, just in time!! Can't wait to replace years of grainy stuff with 50" 1080p full hi-def TT goodness!!
  6. ..you lucky Gongers!!!! :LOL:
  7. You do realise its already been run and won back on June 13th?
  8. er!!..nope!!!...but hey!!...I ain't seen it yet :p
  9. Hehe all good... started May 30th - June 13th.
  10. seeing some of that footage on sun / mon night...this has to be the fastest and most dangeous race in the world...
    crazy stuff...up to 320km/h through those tight country roads
  11. TT

We went there in 07. Mind blowing speeds around 38 miles of country roads. Some places are hard to drive a car around at 60 kph & they're bottoming out suspension & jumping bumps! Go there if you get a chance.
  12. Same with Newy! Woot!
  13. It comes on in country Vic at the same time. Yay.
  14. Yes it's an amazing race with an amazing heritage. Rossi was there this year - not racing - but did a lap of the circuit (as did Agostini) and when comparing his time to that of John McGuiness, he couldn't believe how fast they rode a lap without the benefit of course of any run off's/gravel traps.
    Then again, if you develop a taste for the TT do yourself a favour and buy one of the Duke DVD's reviewing the Irish Road Racing. It's like the TT but they race against each other as opposed to the clock. The 2005 season is a classic. They catch the great late Darran Lindsay's massive tank slapper coming down the finish straight doing around 130 MILES per hour at, from memory, the Mid Antrim.

Also some Aussie interest with Cam Donald riding so well over there. Pity he crashed after cracking the 131 mph ave lap speed.
  15. Yeah, any word on Cam? I heard he stuffed his back and won't be riding for a while?
  16. From Cam's website: