Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Isle of Man TT - Who's been?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by 99CIBBER, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Hey All, Ever since I've been riding a motorbike I've been mesmerised by the Isle of Man TT race. The fearless riders, the circuit and the atmosphere that surrounds the entire race meeting. I want to experience the festival. But it's a farking long way! Just wanted to get some feedback from anyone who's been. Where did you stay? Camping, B&B's? Did you go through an agent or did you plan it all yourself? What about your bike? Did you ride the circuit? Any tips or stories to share? Cheers! CIBBER.

2. i have been wanting to go for years.. i plan to head over there in 2013 but have no idea where to start lol...
  3. I went 10 years ago (I'd love to go back!). We camped in a farm field (temporary campground) which had permanent toilet/shower blocks and took the bikes across on the ferry. I rode the circuit on Mad Sunday and I still remember lots of the corners and what they felt like.

As for food there were a group of us and we had some BBQ's (meat bought from the shops in town), a fair bit of take away food of various types and lots of toasties from the pub.

The atmosphere is like nothing else on earth that I've experienced, the only thing that felt close was the first Australian Motorbike Grand Prix at Phillip Island with Wayne Gardner before it all become regulated and the GP was all new and exciting (and even that doesn't get the atmosphere just the excitement).

There isn't anything in Australia that currently comes within a mile of it.

If you have the chance then go!
  4. I spent 6 years living in the Isle of Man from age 12 to age 18. I lived in Castletown which is about 15k's from Douglas, the capitol. Every opportunity we got we'd ride our push bikes to watch the TT. I can distinctly remember sitting on a stone wall at Crosby with the bikes hurtling past inches away. Those were the days of Mike Hailwood, Mick Grant , The New Zealander Graeme Crosby and Tony Rutter.
    I haven't been back since then, but I still keep in touch with a lot of old school mates and am planning a trip back in the next few years, with my own bike.
    There are hundreds of guest houses all over the island and no where is far from the circuit as the whole place is only 40k's x 15k's.
    I'd say places would be hard to come by during TT and Manx GP weeks but staying somewhere like Castletown, Port Erin or Port St MAry would probably be easier and cheaper as these towns are not directly on the TT course but still well within reach.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. #6 E2W, Oct 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    The TT is the most fun you can have with your clothes on........or in my case clothes off. WARNING WARNING WARNING. DON NOT FAST FORWARD THIS VIDEO TO 38 SECONDS!!!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Sounds like a fantastic place to grow up, (speaking from the adult perspective :) ) Might be different being a young teen out in the country. Thanks for sharing Kingpin. I'll get there one day, next year or the next. I'd tie it in with a holiday in Ireland, as the missus is from Tipperary.
  7. #8 adprom, Oct 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    Bloody hell..... I'm not sure there are any words for that... Looks cold maybe?
  8. bahahahahahahahahahha
  9. No, I just have a small penis :LOL:
  10. I was gonna click the thanks button, but it seemed a bit wrong...

That's some bad imagery either way... Some things can't be unseen
  11. I wonder how many customers will come in the shop and say "hey, I've seen your penis on youtube"
  12. i went to the TT something like 28 years ago!

our primary school organised a weekend trip over there.

bet they wouldnt do it these days what with all the health and safety rules.

trouble is it was so long ago i cant remember the first thing about it!
  13. I lived there for seven years, so cannot help you with getting bike there etc. Since all I did was turn right out of my front gate and there was the course. hehehehehe