Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

is your tv watching you??

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by 87crisis, Mar 28, 2012.

1. http://www.technolog.msnbc.msn.com/...ching-you-latest-models-raise-concerns-483619

hopefully this concept falls to shite & we hear near nothing new of it...we hear time & time again of things being hacked - it'll be the new chat-roulette....just without the people knowing they're being watched (if we're lucky for everyone's sake alot less dicks flopping around...5 minutes of my life i'd much rather forget - never again.) even ignoring the hacking side of things ...the article points out a great concern, if they're collecting data from these tv's ...how much/what type of data...how secure do they believe this data actually is....and are they selling it to 3rd parties - perhaps even clients purchasing advertising looking for the best time to broadcast an advert for their product.

kind of concerning really....thoughts ?

2. Would not surprise me. Doubt a TV would be more secure from remote access than an average computer. But if you're worried about this, don't worry, it's probably been happening to your phone for years. :p
  3. Ive got a smart tv hooked to the net, is a possibility.
    If they used it for tv show ratings and that alone, wouldnt mind so much, theres some shit on tv lol.
    As it is ive got a nice cisco router with nice security on it, so any nasties would have to work for it.
  4. Bit of tape over the lense, problem solved.
  5. "the sky is falling, the sky is falling"
  6. Hey, if someone is sick/bored enough to watch me sleeping on the lounge with pizza crumbs on my belly and my dong hanging out then more power to them!!