Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Is your bike easy to work on ? . . mythbusted !!

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by Mickyb V9, Feb 3, 2007.

1. I must say, so much for the saying that Italian design is FORM over FUNCTION. Look how the Monster opens up like a transformer to get to the parts you need to do general DIY maintenance !!

You gotta love naked bikes !! :grin:
  2. Looks more like a Deceptacon to me.

Regards, Andrew.

3. :LOL:
  4. You can only tell when the exhaust heats up and the temperature-sensitive logo appears.
  5. Is that fuel tank the speed brake? :LOL:
  6. Obviously 'photoshopped' - that concrete floor is just way too clean ;)
  7. Now do a demodromic valve adjustment on a 888.

But seriously, most bikes these days are easy to work on. Hurrah!
  8. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

He must work on it in a different place to where he stores it.
  9. Sort of correct !

I'm a clean freak, I use old newspapers to cover the garage floor. And always do a degreaser wash down. :LOL:
  10. for general maintenance, the bmw boxers have to be the easiest - valve adjustments done in about 1/2 hr start to finish with a little practice.

hydraulic clutches require no adjustment until they die (but isn't changing the clutch a nightmare!).

Spin on oil filters piece of cake - change the air filter in about 10 minutes.

Not even any bodywork to pull off to balance the throttle bodies!

About the most complicated thing is lubricating the drive shaft splines (pull apart, insert grease, put back together!
  11. And the good part is you can do it all whilst you ride along at the top speed of 20km/hr!
  12. Most older Trumpys aren't that hard to work on either... just use newspaper or cat litter underneath to catch the leaking 'Texas T' :LOL:
  13. And let's face it, you get lots of practice.
  14. I don't. Don't need to. But that's just me and mine...
  15. true true....

16. lol any one done a spark plug change on a CBR1000RR??

all I'm going to say there is a reason why they use iridum plugs that need changing every 40,000km!!
  17. hey, if cardio surgeons can do it with the motor running, I don't see why I can't :D
  18. Just for a split-second I thought that was a photo of an Across .... :LOL:.

19. quiet you !!!