Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

is this the silliest question?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by heavyw8, Apr 3, 2005.

1. hi all...

really wanting to get my car sold so i can buy my bike....

here it is... the silly question...

do any motorcycle dealers trade in or help you trade in your car?

dont be too harsh :oops: :oops: :oops:
  2. in Sydney some do just gotts hunt them down
  3. Not that I've heard about, you might have to do some investigation and see if the owner of a bike dealership is also involved in car dealerships, they might sell on consignment. Advertise the car for sale or part trade for a bike???

Whatever happens, don't over extend yourself financially it'll only spoil the riding later.

(BTW, only silly question is the one you don't ask :wink: )
  4. Advertise the car in the trading post or on e-bay with cash in your pocket you'll be in a much better position to negotiate a gr8 deal on the bike & don't forget the gear!
  5. Selling vehicles on consignment is illegal.

You don't want to have a bike dealer trade in your car, you will lose at least $4K.

As an earlier poster said, armed with more money in your hand you stand a better chance of getting a better deal.
  6. Not in Tas, the bike I bought was a consignment sale AFAIK, don't think it was in NSW or SA when I lived there either. (I know he's from Vic, poor bugger :wink: )

But you'll always get the best $$$ selling private, and buying with cash.

Be patient grasshopper :)

7. There is actually a consignment yard in adeladie, where all the cars in the yard are on consignment.. (some bargains to be had too)

8. hehe

yes yes.. i will be patient.

cheers all

ill let you know when i have my two wheels of freedom : )
  9. Sorry, I had every intention to say that it's illegal in Victoria at least.

I forgot.
  10. Pfft.. no apology required, your comment was relevant to the posters situation. The important points we all agree on is patience and sell private is the best option. :D