Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Is this the new TAC commercial?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by TonyE, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Well, actually, no...

It is, however, an absolute gem made for the Australian Road Safety Council in 1959**.

I think it must have been sponsored by the tobacco industry :)
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Classic...
    But my oh my how 50 years changes things...lol
  3. oh Johnny...we're all so proud
  4. What a gem.
    Front and rear number plates, I see...
  5. Thanks for sharing Tony, a great find.
  6. It's always great to see that the young rebel, when given a go, turns out to have a heart of gold and is easily re-integrated into conservative society. It makes me feel safe to know that people are "good" at heart! :)

I quite like that film, Tony. Here are a few more http://contemplativemotorcycling.blogspot.com.au/2011/11/old-motorcycle-safety-films.html

Edit: oh, and the channel that hosts that film Tony has linked is really worth looking at - heaps of old Australian non-fiction film; mainly 'a look at life' in some particular area or activity in Australia.
  7. Love the clip :)

- - -
    Tapatalking loud, saying somethin'
  8. I've suggested to Rob Smith that it might make a good training film for MA... :)
  9. Wow did they put nuts and bolts in their tyres for offroad racing back then?
  10. The fellow's jacket, looks like DC's, Tony...
  11. Haha brilliant!

The difference between safety vids then and now: Johnny would probably be shown dead in some dramatic accident in a shock campaign...
  12. I wonder how big the Go Pro was on the back of his bike in the first scene.
    SD not HD obviously.