Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Is this the coolest guy ever?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Smelly Feet, Aug 15, 2006.

1. The other day I was in a servo filling up the cage when a guy rode in to fill up his bike. He pulls up, turns the engine off then steps off his Designer Harley. After filling it up he needs to go inside to pay, and to do this he must remove his helmet. After taking the lid off he proceeds to take out a perfectly folded and ironed designer Harley Davidson bandana. Neatly tieing the bandana around his head, this allows him the thirty seconds to go inside and pay, before he comes out and puts his helmet on once again.

Some of the Harley owners really blow me away with how cool they are.

2. The bandana probably cost more than my bike, and he's probably an accountant, or a marketing consultant; only the filthy rich (or the newly-separated!) can afford the bike and the bandana.

Oh, and welcome to the forum, mate, where are you from?
  3. sounds like the type that spends more time (spit)polishing his bike than riding it :jerk:
  4. From Canberra, 33 years old. Made a handful of posts a couple of years ago but can't remember the handle I was using.

Bikes I've had:

90' GSXR750
    05' R1

Gonna buy a new bike next year, probably a CBR1000RR.
  5. sorry not bike, two wheel tractor instead
  6. Great stuff, Chedachee, Typhoon, (Andrew) one of our Newcastle Netriders is moving down there soon, and Sonja is also a Canberran.

She's trying to get a Canberra Coffee night off the ground and you've be most welcome even though you are presently bikeless :grin:
  7. Funny, he was riding it when cheddachee saw him :roll:
  8. I'd be up for it for sure.
  9. Is this the coolest guy ever.........

Let me think. NO
  10. The bandana, yes. :cool: Harley rider ..... No. :LOL:
  11. He might have been mute and wanted the attendant to know he was paying for the pump next to the Harley.
  12. There are two kinds of people who ride Harley's.
    RUB's and the real thing.

You saw the former.
  13. i had a bandana once, ah those were the days.
  14. I had a bandana when I was 12, I tied it around my leg. I never got that shit right. :(
  15. Gangster. :cool:

16. whats an RUB.

I cant remember the last time I saw a full face helmet on a Harley... or a Harley without black sunglasses, a goatie and a sleeveless leather jacket.

Although I have seen Harley riders who are the real deal.... he took off from the lights and kept the front at more than 45 degrees for about 200 metres. Those tractors sure can get the front wheel up anytime you ask for it.
  17. No, that takes skill as well as more power than a stock Harley makes.

Beats me why you all get so worked up by one wanker on a Harley, nearly all Harley riders are wankers!! :wink: :LOL:
  18. If you're in the ACT, there's a coffee meet on at Cafe Essen this afternoon at 5:30.

Welcome to Netrider.
  19. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Looks are all that matters! I guess he just didn't look bada$$ enough without that bandana.

Hurrah!! Another Canberran!! Hope to see you at coffee this evening :grin:
  20. There was a caffee in St Kilda where alot of HD riders would meet on friday nights.. Having beed there and than on regular basis (meeting my mates for coffees) we would see on average 1 in 10 needing mechanical assistance coz it could not be started!!!

Oh yeah that is SO cool!! do they still have a bicicle pedal on them??