Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Is This Legal?

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by ametha elf, Apr 13, 2010.

1. I just bought a great licence plate holder, never seen anything else like it around. Only problem is, it covers up a small area of part of one number. (maybe 1 cm?) You can still clearly see the whole licence number, but knowing how touchy some police are on their patrols, would I get into trouble for this?

Attached Files:

2. any obstruction is seen as an infringement as it can be viewed as an attempt to evade identification

The regs say your plate has to be clearly visable at certain angles etc

so that plate holder when viewed from the side may actually block more than you think
  3. plus the vommit it will induce from following road users may obscure the plate further
  4. Put spacers behind the number plate and make it stick out a bit further.
  5. That, whatever it is, could not ever be legal in any part of the universe! LMAO.

Are you riding the queen's handmedown silver ghost rolls royce cruiser??

6. robsalvv, yep, you guessed it!
  7. as ugly as it is (to some of us) I think you have very little to fear with regard to getting a ticket from it, can't see how it'd obscure the plate at a 45 degree angle.
  8. Ametha, enjoy the regal ride! :)
  9. Well I'd better not post a photo of the rear vision mirrors I've just bought from a US site then.!
  10. Go on, we won't judge (much) :twisted::twisted:

11. Yeah!!... post them up!!.... :D
  12. Nah, you'll all just have to be patient. Havent got them yet. Good things come to those who wait!

13. what a blasted tease!!..... ](*,)

14. She is a girl, hahahahahaha
  15. Sounds like a good excuse to get a custom license place if you ask me ... 3LF is available in QLD ;-)
  16. Looks faaabulous!!!
    Will fit right in at Kings Cross.
  17. nice plate holder!
    does it match your tramp-stamp tattoo? :D